Sunday, January 8, 2017

Accountability

During a recent study on 2 Corinthians, I was struck by something Paul says to the church at Corinth about their giving. He tells them that they had started the collection with zeal and had encouraged others, and that he had told others of their zeal. He then exhorts them to "now finish doing it also, so that just as there was the readiness to desire it, so there may be also the completion of it by your ability." In short, he's telling them to finish what they started!

There have been so many Bible studies and projects which I have begun and not completed. I do not want this blog to be one of them. My plan is to post two blogs a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If you are visiting my blog and I have failed to finish what I started, I welcome comments and prayers to encourage me to stay on track. I am almost a week into this blog, and this focused study has been beneficial to me spiritually. I hope my notes are useful to you as well!


I'd also like to encourage you - is there a study, project, or service that you have started and not completed? If so, and if you have the ability, you should go back and finish what you've started, so that God can be glorified.

To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment