Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2007 Lists Book



My oldest notebook is a preteen's dream - vibrantly green, fuzzy and soft, with purple floral pages. This notebook was given to me by an aunt, and I put it to use right away. There's no date in this notebook, but I know it came just before my 2007 notebook, when I was thirteen years old. I began using it after my first summer camp in Dry Creek, Louisiana, and switched books in October. This notebook had a simple glue-in binding, and promptly began falling apart! Many of the pages that are written on are loosely stuck in the book. I only used a fraction of the pages in this notebook - from this point on, I stick to spiral or sewn bindings in my notebooks.

 I used this notebook to make lists of references on Bible topics that had been coming up in discussions with friends, Bible classes, and sermons. Most of these lists were formed by following cross-references in my NJKV Bible, then adding other verses as I heard them mentioned during sermons or lessons. Topics in this notebook include:

  1.  The Judgement
  2. Anger & Love
  3. Be Apart from the World
  4. Lord's Supper
  5. Baptism
  6. Doers, Not Hearers Only
  7. Transgression
  8. Sexual Immorality
  9. Old Testament "Obselete"
  10. Sobriety
  11. Bridle the "Tounge"
  12. No Homosexuality
  13. Bible Authority
  14. The Role of Women in the Church (& Other Passages Describing the Attitude of Women)
  15. Keep Not Evil Company
  16. The Erring Brother
I have a habit, as I take notes, of recording stray thoughts, lists, quotes, addresses, and other such information in the back of my notebooks. I was surprised to find that the habit begins with this first notebook! In the back I have two notes that I jotted to pass to my mom (about needing to go by the store) and a note about a pizza night for the teens from church. There's also a page (which I hopefully did not work on at church... I think I took this notebook to school as well) of words that can be formed on a basic calculator by punching in the numbers and turning the calculator upside down. For example, 35006 resembles the word "Goose". I'm mentioning this for fun here, but in the future, these back-of-the-book appendix sections will have some spiritually valuable thoughts, and will get their own blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment